Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm So Full

Day three and I am so full!  We made Southern Beans and Greens and Couscous Confetti Salad for dinner.  I couldn't finish my salad!  DH added some hot sauce to his beans and really liked the flavor, I added less just cause I usually don't like most hot sauces.  He can't wait to make it again (of course, we have loads of leftovers!) and take it for lunch tomorrow.  I was so impressed at how fast couscous is ready. 1 1/2 cups of couscous, pour 2 Cups boiling water over the top give it a stir and done in about 10-15 minutes.  Now that's a fast dinner trick to have up your sleeve!  You can add anything to couscous!!!

I had my cereal with Pacific organic vanilla flavored unsweetened almond milk and mixed in some banana and fresh organic white peach - very yummy!  I had to finish a cup of tea before I walked the dogs though!

For lunchtime I just had some pita chips with hummus and a ginger ale with stevia.

I cannot believe how full I am and how little I consumed.  Grains and beans sure do fill me up!

DH declared the day a success for us.  Delicious, healthy food and plenty of it.

BTW - anyone can now leave comments - I've reset the buttons!!!
So excited for my SIX followers - recommend to your friends and anyone thinking of trying the vegan diet.

Let me know what you think if you've been following the plan and if you've found any recipes that you want to share.

The Vegan Lady











2 comments:

  1. I tried leaving a comment earlier, but it didn't work. That's what I get for trying to use my phone. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I found a baggie at costco of mixed (cooked) wheatberry, barley, quinoa, cranberries and almonds. It was in the freezer section. All you have to do is heat it in the microwave. You can add almond, or my preference Hemp or Oat, milk to it for breakfast or add other ingredients to make a super fast and delicious salad.
    - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - thanks Melissa - I'll definitely look for it next time I go - or maybe I'll take a special trip - I love Costco!!!

    ReplyDelete